Are you on the fitness journey? Would you like to shed off those extra pounds? Well, if so, let me tell you that one of the best exercises to develop a toned and slim figure is yoga. This ancient practice is becoming really popular among celebrities and common people due to the fact that it helps you to slim down at a very fast pace and, at the same time, tone your body. However, people tend to think that yoga is only meant for relaxation. This is not true. It is true, though, that a lot of people don’t achieve their desired goals when they attend a generic yoga studio. Why? Let’s dig deeper into this issue:
- yoga teachers work different people with different backgrounds in their classes. These people do not share the same goals and have different bodies, which makes it difficult to work on your specific interests and, therefore, you won’t achieve your fitness goal.
- Lack of progression of exercises: When you start working out, you go through a period of adaptation. This means that generic yoga classes tend to be always the same. It is proved that yoga works when you start progressing and adding new exercises which are meant to match your development at the practice.
- Underestimating relaxation: It is true that yoga lowers the Cortisol levels (stress hormone) of your body. However, when you attend a yoga studio, you are dealing with stress factors such as driving to the studio, finding a spot or having to perform in front of other people.
So, what to do? Well, in fact, it is very easy. Nowadays, more people are turning to practicing yoga by themselves. However, as not all of us are experienced yogis who know how to develop a proper exercise plan, if you want to practice yoga from the comfort of your own home, you will need to find a program which suits your specific needs. By doing this you will be experiencing the real benefits of yoga. Let’s find out which are these benefits:
A decrease in the levels of Cortisol: Cortisol is the hormone responsible for your stress levels. When you have high levels of Cortisol, this hormone tends to make you gain weight. So, by lowering its levels on your body, you will be slimming down like crazy.
- Emotional wealth: Yoga is well- known for helping people create emotional balance in their lives.
- Calorie burn: Yoga is a cardio exercise. Its calorie burn is the same as if you went for a daily forty minute run.
- Tonifies your muscles: Yoga postures help you to develop nice and subtle muscles.
Practicing yoga will definitely improve your life. Go on! Try it!